Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 140 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers.
Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Gameloft DAD Studio was established in 2010. After 6 years of development, we now have nearly 500 employees working in a modern building with splendid river view in Danang city, Vietnam.
DAD Studio took part in production of many famous Gameloft games worldwide including Modern Combat 5, My Little Pony, Ice Age Adventures, Asphalt Nitro, NOVA 3 ...We have a young and eager team here at an amazing size of nearly 500 guys.
DAD used to be a porting studio, however, we now start working on more creation projects. That's why we are actively looking for the next talents to join the game with us !
1. Direct involvement in production
- Join in daily production, and supervise the implementation to ensure overall creative quality of the game
- Work with game design leads and producers to ensure proper coordination and follow up of game design in production process, mainly :
- Time estimation, deadlines, planning
- Resource needs, Assignments and objectives
- Processes and control of Quality Standards
- Communication channels & appropriate reporting
- Maintain up to date documentation
- Hands-on supervision of projects involving considerable Game Design component.
- Advise and define strategy regarding the development and organization of the game design teams ; help implement such strategy with active and timely guidance.
2. Training and coaching
- Build a division ready to take on full creation projects by developing your team's technical expertise and soft skills based on your own experience
- Constantly improve the overall creativity and necessary skill, inspire passion and motivation of the Game Designer team members
- Organize the Game Designer team to design fun and immersive concept of gameplay mechanics, AI, features and story... for video games on mobile devices or other platforms in the project line-up
- Based on resource analysis and production needs, define and implement training plan for production, game design, and game economic design basics :
- Produce documents and training materials
- Conduct and organize training actions with GD leads / seniors
- Follow up training activities, setting objectives and measuring progress
- Teach GD leads / seniors in training and coaching methodology, guide them in different training sessions as well as on-the-job coaching ;
- Organize documentation regarding game design, and develop self-learning tools/material for game designers ;
- Provide producers and other project stakeholders with GD fundamentals to improve their collaboration with GD team.
3. Resource management
- Analyze game designers' competencies and advise plans for talent development
- Help define and assess KPIs and objectives for game designers
- Analyze current GD evaluation, and propose initiatives to make sure that game designers are evaluated with pertinent criteria and methods, and that the process actually helps figure out solutions for GD improvements
- Follow up GD resource allocation status, advise GD leads and relevant managers to prevent bottlenecks
- Report periodically to the Studio Manager and Production Manager on the status of the division including : Recruitment, Training, and Performance.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following skill set :
- At least 3 years of working as Game Designer (GD) including experiences as lead GD or senior GD for core gameplay on iPhone/iPad, mobile games, or other platforms (PC, DS, Wii, PlayStation, Xbox...)
- Extensive gaming culture, on all types of platforms (mobile, consoles, iPhone, handheld...) and for all types of audiences
- Proficient in all aspects of game design such as Level Design, Gameplay, F2P mechanisms (balancing, reward system, flow etc)
- Ability to convey ideas and to provide clear formalization of complex concepts
- Ability to illustrate and/or prototype ideas via standard tools like Photoshop, Flash, Sketch-up, 3D Studio Max, Unity, Blitz, etc
- High visual creativity and passion for developing video games
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent leadership, ability to manage teams in a cross-cultural environment
- Strong work ethics, quality-oriented, good teamwork, self-motivation
- Efficient work under pressure and strict deadlines
- Knowledge of object oriented and natural programming languages is a plus
- Excellent English, read, written & spoken.
And above all, motivation and a passion for video games !