Are you passionate about video games ? Do you want to keep progressing in an exciting, young and dynamic environment ? Gameloft Madrid is currently seeking a Game Economy Designer !
A leading publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and is present on all continents, distributing its games across 100 countries and employing over 6,000 employees.
At Gameloft Madrid, as Game Economy Designer, you'll be working with some of the best talents in the world from hit games and franchises including Asphalt Xtreme and Gods of Rome, which were created in this studio.
As a Game Economy Designer, your responsibility is to understand how a game works as a service for its customers and project how customers behave. You are expected to improve each game's financial performance by identifying and developing the purchase drivers in the game economy context. You will also provide constant data-driven recommendations on design, tuning and pricing.
To do this pre-release, you're able to design the virtual products a game will offer, define metrics that allow you to individually measure their impact on a given title, and work closely with the development team to see designs refined and metrics implemented.
Once the game is launched, you're able to analyze the collected data and report which are the performing/underperforming aspects of the game economic model, why, and provide solutions to Gameloft management
Main responsibilities :
- Defining virtual products and their statistics with the development team, and project how each change modifies game dynamics.
- Identifying the potential sale drivers for the different product categories in the game economy, defining the key points of exposure for those drivers.
- Balancing virtual products - identifying needs, relationships, life-cycle and streams of availability.
- Managing pricing - create specific price point roles and implement selling strategies for key consumers.
- Regularly providing user feedback and stat/price point tuning to the development team based on play-testing, both during game development and post-release.
- Analysing the evolution of defined metrics to spot both, monetization bottlenecks and facilitators, and suggest game design improvements or enhance the customer experience accordingly.
This is a position requiring a mix of strong economy and marketing knowledge with passion for analytical game design and the emerging free-to-play business model