Fixed term contract Bordeaux (33)
Evil Empire, the new team working on Motion Twin's smash hit Dead Cells, is looking for the Swiss Army Knife(c) of Level Designers. Being a small team with indie DNA, wearing multiple hats, being involved in ALL aspects of the design and implementation of Dead Cells and any related projects is part of the job.
We need someone who is able to come up with great designs, formalise them and explain why their design should be in the game. You then need to be able to interface with a small team of people to build what you've imagined.
If this sounds like you, we're looking specifically for someone who will be responsible for :
- Producing levels and contributing to overall game and world design for Dead Cells and some new exciting projects we can't talk about right now.
- Documenting and explaining your vision for the levels, overall objective and concepts and making sure your team is on the same page.
- Coming up with in level/world gameplay events and quests, NPCs, secrets to discover and generally a bunch of fun stuff for people to do as they progress through your world.
- Ensuring that all of that works and can actually be done with the technical constraints we have. Basically make sure you don't make the programmers cry.
- Creating a word that is coherent with the Art Direction of the game that you're working on.
- Analysing and fixing any bugs that will inevitably sneak into the game.
You'll need to know :
- A fair bit about Dead Cells, or be ready to learn real quick.
- What makes a great action platformer level in general and what makes a Metroidvania a Metroidvania. You've played more of them than you can count.
- How to script in game. Experience with Kismet, Lua or something similar would be great.
Who you are :
- At least 2 years of level/game design experience (if you're a junior you MUST have a bunch of jams under your belt to convince us to hire you).
- Preferably have shipped at least one game.
- Extremely passionate about video games (this should really be first on the list).
- Capable of working with a bunch of different people from different backgrounds.
Bonus points :
- English (at least B2 level).
Fixed term contract of 6 months with permanent contract for the right candidate to follow. (CDD 6 mois et CDI si tout se passe bien).
Salary will be in line with industry averages and negotiable based on experience. Find out more here (French) : https://afjv.com/url/12
Award wage / Convention collective : Syntec
Did I mention that you should really really love video games...
Resume - cover letter - web site - references... (if relevant)
To: Steve Filby