Level Designer (F/H)
Permanent contract Lyon (69)
Arkane Studios, Lyon Office (France) is searching a Level Designer to be in charge of translating game design into playable and fun maps.
- Produce the level design documentation of his/her maps, including mission's intentions and high-level concepts.
- Create the level layouts (simplified level geometry) in collaboration with the level artists and architects.
- Implement gameplay events into the maps (enemies encounters, narrative scenes, maps objectives, etc..) by using specialized tools (world editor, scripting system...)
- Make sure his /her map is compliant with the technical constraints and check on a regular basis if his/her map is functional on all platforms
- Work closely with the art department and collaborate with all game development disciplines all along the maps iterations
Analyze and fix level design bugs
- Candidate should understand the values of the game design philosophy behind action adventure stealth games such as the Dishonored series
- Candidate should embrace the Systemic design philosophy
- A solid understanding of player psychology
- Experience using game-specific editing packages
- Game scripting experience using Kismet, Lua or similar
- Relevant experience with the tools used for the development of AAA games (Perforce or similar, Bugs data base, etc)
- Quality oriented
- Strong communication skills
Desired Skills :
- Passionate gamer with a solid video game culture
- Analytical thinking : Capacity to quickly understand game design rules, mechanics, balancing concepts and techniques.
- Creativity : think outside the box, being able to see things in a different perspective
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Good level in written/spoken English
Working as an "Arkanite"
Arkane Studios' iconic brands such as Dishonored®, Dishonored 2® and Prey® have become staples of popular culture for generations of gamers. Our company provides technical, design and artistic leadership as a world-renowned game developer and technology innovator since its founding in 1999. Our studio is professional with a relaxed working atmosphere located in Lyon town center. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, incl. private medical insurance, flex hours, up to 30 paid vacations days per year, sports program, transport compensation, onboarding program etc.
Resume, motivation letter, references, web site (if relevant)
To: Emilie Erbin