Sandfall Interactive is a new studio based in France, in the sunny city of Montpellier. We are a fun and ambitious bunch, focusing on premium games for PC and next gen consoles as these are the games we love the most, and we are looking for talented collaborators and passionate gamers to start this journey with us.
The first game we are working on is Project W, an ambitious 3D third-person turn-based jRPG-inspired game with a realistic western art style. The game is planned to release on Unreal Engine 5.
As a Game & Level Designer, you will have a lot of autonomy and freedom to establish cool game and level mechanics. We are looking for someone who is able to create AAA quality levels with interesting mechanics, and help with the global game design mechanics of the game (and their implementation).
- Create AAA quality levels working hand in hand with the Art Director and Environment Artists.
- Conceptualize, design and script game levels.
- Block-out levels inside Unreal Engine 4.
- Create gameplay objects with Blueprint inside UE4
- Script skills of the player and enemies with Blueprint inside UE4
- Synthesize the game and level design of the game in a clear documentation
- Work with the Creative Director and Game Designers to bring innovative ideas to all aspects of game design.
- Be a driving force in improving the player experience.
- Create fun environmental puzzles for the player to solve.
- Work with other designers to place enemies in the environment.
- Work with other designers to create fun gameplay abilities usable during the exploration.
- Create fun mini games from scratch in Blueprint