Lead Game Designer
Permanent contract Mons (Belgique)
You will lead the game design and level design team across multiple projects. On a day to day basis, you work on a dedicated project as a game designer but your role is also to stimulate design discussions with your teammates across active projects in the studio.
Down the trenches, you are part of one or several production teams. You are a vision holder, you tend to the game needs, you help define its pillars and make sure they are respected throughout the development. You prototype, you test, you ask for feedback and you validate them with your colleagues.
You are tasked to design and balance mechanics, communicate them to the appropriate people, design and integrate content and make sure the game meets the highest quality possible in the given time & budget.
As game designer, you are the bridge between programmers, artists, producers, and other designers. You share your experience with others, you mentor your colleagues when required and gather and sort ideas from your teammates and champion them.
As a game designer you can lead the vision of the project you are working on.
TRAINING & PHILOSOPHY
- Master degree (University or dedicated game design & game management school) or equivalent meaningful relevant experience
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a game designer
- You have shipped one or multiple titles
- You can demonstrate a meaningful experience in working autonomously in a team of developers
- You follow this principle : "There is no problem, only solutions." "There is always something to improve."
- You can speak and write English fluently
DESIGN & PEOPLE SKILLS :
- Experience in VR genre or experience in management/RTS genre is a big plus.
- Good knowledge of how to design mechanics and how to communicate them to a multidisciplinary team
- Versatile profile : design, level design, integration, polish, tweaking and balancing
- Meaningful experience in balancing games
- Meaningful experience in integrating content
- Ability to work alone or in small teams (4 to 15 people) and with a "indie" spirit (aka self management)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both virtually and in person
- Knowledge of SCRUM, KANBAN, YAGNI, continuous integration processes is a strong plus
- Experience with Unity or Unreal
PROFILE WE SEEK
We are looking for highly collaborative, autonomous, self-motivated candidates willing to have impact on the project they are working on.
The game designer always works closely with the programming and artistic teams and must be an excellent communicator and a positive minded person capable of cheering others up.
We are open to a full remote position but some occasionnal IRL meetings will be required (Mons, Belgium, 20 km from Valenciennes, north of France).
- We offer competitive salaries & several company benefits.
- Please apply with your portfolio if any.
Resume - motivation letter - web site - references...
A remote small game design test will be asked.
To: Recruitment manager