Junior Software Engineer / 3D Tools
CDI Paris (75)
Description du poste
The 3D backend job is to load data uploaded to Sketchfab and clean, optimize, compress and transform it to be viewable in all device types with great accuracy and fidelity with respect to original data.
Furthermore, tools to export and import 3D assets are a very important part of Sketchfab. Every time a user wants to upload or download a model, a whole set of tools starts running to transform data between formats. You will help us to maintain, improve and create new plugins for different 3D software to export and import 3D assets.
The main target is to make it even easier to upload models on Sketchfab and to improve data access. Sometimes by extending our format/software support, sometimes by lowering the hardware or bandwidth requirements to display a scene, and sometimes optimizing the code to run faster in our servers.
- Maintain and extend our 3D processing pipeline
- Improve support for file formats like glTF, FBX, BLEND,...
- Import Sketchfab models into 3D softwares
- Help to improve artists workflow
- Optimize our processing pipeline in terms of processing timings, rendering performance, bandwidth requirements and data accuracy.
- Help to improve our architecture and tooling to smooth our workflow
- Support, listen and give feedback to our community
Profil du candidat
- Passionate about 3D/Computer Graphics.
- Pragmatic developer, focused on shipping simple and robust code.
- Comfortable on a Linux environment.
- Best practices advocate (coding, building/deployment tools, continuous integration, you name it...)
- Good team player, but also independent and self-organized when needed.
- Experience working with 3D data.
- Knowledge on 3D modelling/animation software.
- Knowledge of Computer Graphics APIs.
- Knowledge in data compression algorithms.
- Experience with 3D software/engines (UE4, Unity, Maya, Blender, or 3ds Max, etc).
- Experience using scene graphs, specially in OpenSceneGraph.
- AWS, Docker, GIT, Jenkins, CMake, Jira, C++11, WebGL, OpenGL(ES).
We are results-oriented, organized, resourceful, and creative. We do our best to implement our ideas and find practical solutions
We are team players, fun to work with and be around, during office hours and during our get-togethers
We are an international French and English speaking team
We are passionate about 3D, and want to shape its future
The job is based in Paris, and comes with a competitive salary and equity package, depending on your experience.
Resume, motivation letter, references, web site (if relevant)
A l'attention de : Recruitment manager