Senior Tech Artist, Paris or Stockholm
Permanent contract Paris or Stockholm (00)
As a Tech Artist you will be responsible for the creation and development of the in-game assets that are answering both artistic and technical needs. You will work closely with the lead Tech Artist as well as artists and programmers in different departments from 3D environment to UI, characters to special FX.
You will be involved in driving and developing shaders, blueprints and other assets that are both artistic and technical in nature. This puts high demand on technical knowledge and performance as well as visual quality and experience. The role requires you to be able to adapt to very different tasks and possess good communication skills both spoken and written. You will be the bridge between artists and programmers.
Job Tasks :
- Defining and developing shaders that are performant, versatiles, and highly maintainable using unreal material editor.
- Prototyping interactive game objects using blueprints.
- Creating in engine tools to facilitate production.
- Participate in technical choices and communicate with teammates.
- Maintaining documentation of technical assets and tools.
- Work closely with the team and mentoring junior talent, to ensure that quality is consistent and cohesive ;
As a senior the expectation to be self-driven and motivated is high, you are expected to take your specific area, evolve and drive it with minimum inputs if necessary.
Must have :
- Fluent in English with good communication skills, both verbally and in writing ;
- Great experience and knowledge working with shaders / material in Unreal Engine ;
- Experience with blueprint scripting in Unreal Engine ;
- Proven knowledge of asset creation, in-game materials, interactive/intelligent assets.
- Great understanding of real-time graphics with experience in creating realistic looking shaders.
Good to have :
- 4+ years of experience working as a techartist within games ;
- Experience from working on at least one released game ;
- Knowledge of Niagara particle system programming is a plus.
To be successful in this position you are :
- An expert in technical art in Unreal Engine ;
- Able to work in a team, communicate well and being proactive ;
- Good with time estimations, scope assessments and prioritizing within a team structure.
Position either in Paris or Stockholm
Still reading ? Good because here comes the good part of this job ad :
We live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development.
Resume, cover letter, references, web site (if relevant)
To: Responsable du recrutement