2D/3D Game Artist
CDI Bordeaux (33)
Description du poste
We're looking for a 2D Artist initially in charge of creating new content for the Dead Cells IP. This will include free updates, paid DLCs and anything else that we need in order to bring the game to more players and to help build our community.
In parallel we'll be exploring the possibility of creating our own IP, prototyping game designs and working towards finding the idea that federates the team and gets us all worked up about our day job.
We're looking for someone who wants to help us with :
- Extending the art direction of Dead Cells in a creative way while respecting pre-existing rules. You'll be working on someone else's project, but we want you to build new stuff !
- Leading the art direction on future projects. However we're not looking for Raphael Lacoste, juniors welcome to apply.
- Creating new environments and characters that will be exploited in game. That's to say you'll be doing the integration, not just the art direction.
- Basic 2D animation skills are a plus, especially any experience with pixel art.
- 3D, animation, modelling and FX (another optional plus).
Given that we're a small team you'll have the chance to work on a bunch of different aspects of the development of Dead Cells and our future projects, however this will mean you'll need to wear a few different hats, which is why the profile above is so varied. Don't worry, we're not expecting you to know how to do all of this perfectly.
Profil du candidat
Ideally you're someone who's autodidactic and has been building games since you can remember. You're a passionate gamer and have always wanted to be part of the game industry, or build a career there. You know why Hyper Light Drifter is gorgeous and you want to make something better. We want someone who will contribute to the team and push us to always do better.
We need :
- We're looking for anyone who has a solid game art portfolio. If you've shipped a game or worked in the industry for a few years, that's obviously a big plus.
- Someone who can work with deadlines. You need to understand when it's time to keep polishing and when you should be moving on to the next task.
- A love of learning new things ! In a small team you need to be good at a lot of different things or keen to learn all the time.
Independence. You'll be in charge, no-one will be following you around making sure you do your job, so you'll have to be motivated and capable of taking ownership of your role.
- Teamwork and communication skills. You'll need to be able to fight for your ideas and impose your style, while still taking into account the feedback and opinions of your colleagues.
- Someone able to take criticism and provide honest feedback. We want your opinion but we want to share ours too.
A decent sense of humour, you're working in games, shipping them is surprisingly hard work, we'll need some good jokes.
Junior or senior candidates are welcome to apply, we're really looking for anyone who's polyvalent and ready to learn new things.
Your salary will depend on your experience, but we'll pay to secure the right profile. In any case we're always competitive, you can get an idea of the current averages here : http://snjv.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/SNJV_referentiel_metiers_synthetique.pdf (French)
We're a company that's all about sharing the love, so if we do well, so will you. On top of that, we do free fruit baskets, croissants, regular travel to game conventions, team building stuff (drinking post work, or exploring national parks around the world etc). Basically there's a bunch of extra perks to being part of the team.
We're focused on the well being of each member of the team, our goal is to wake up every morning excited by what we get to do at work, we're definitely not keen on slaving away at something we hate for cash.
You would also be based in Bordeaux, France, which means great health cover, insurance, holidays etc. It's also an awesome lifestyle and generally all round great place to live ; being the wine capital of the world, 45 minutes from the beach, 3 hours from the ski slopes and extremely well connected in terms of flights and trains. And unless you want to live outside the city, you won't spend your life in traffic or commuting.
CV/Resume or LinkedIn profile (if up to date)
Any portfolio links if you have examples of your own work
A l'attention de : Recruitment manager