Fixed term contract Bordeaux (33)
We are looking for an experienced and talented Rigger Artist to join our growing studio in Bordeaux.
You will join Century : Age of Ashes team and participate in the launch and live development of the project. Multiplayer and free to play game, Century will be launched cross-platform and will bring players into a world of Dark Fantasy and epic dragon fights : https : //www.century-age-of-ashes.com/
You will work closely with other artists, game designers and developers as part of an experienced team, where both your technical skills and creative vision will help to create our new game.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
The Rigger is integral to the development of animation rigs for creatures and characters and the subsequent support that is required. You will also work on the integration and optimization of rigs in Unreal Engine 4.
- Develop the rigging and skinning of the characters and creatures to meet the needs of project animators and of the Artistic Director
- Recognize proper mesh topology as well as repair and/ or give feedback to the art team
- Communicate technical constraints and their rationales plus any other knowledge-sharing required
- Integration of the character, cinematic, and other animation related assets into the game engine
- Ensure that the final result (rigging/ skinning) meets the artistic standards of the project
- First experience in video games, animation, films or equivalent
- Skilled in 3DS Max
- Excellent knowledge of human and animal anatomy
- Have strong visual and artistic skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills ;
- Experience with real-time engines (UNREAL ENGINE 4 )
NICE TO HAVE
- Previous experience in game development will be much appreciated
- Passionate about games
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
This is a full-time role in our office in Bordeaux, France.
Resume, cover letter, references, web site (if relevant)
To: Recruitment manager