Permanent contract Bordeaux (33)
Evil Empire, the new team working on Motion Twin's smash hit Dead Cells, is looking for a Senior Artist with experience as team lead. As our small indie team grows we'll need great leaders to help take our games to the next level and navigate the complexity of managing multiple projects and bigger groups of most excellently creative people.
Of course you'll still have plenty of time for rolling your sleeves up and contributing to and defining the art in game on Dead Cells or our new projects. What we're really looking for is someone who takes pleasure in teaching, knows how to plan NOT to crunch and who wants to work in smaller teams where you get to do a lot of different things.
It should go without saying that you've got to be completely bonkers for video games.
Your responsibilities would include :
- Understanding and formalising the existing art Direction on Dead Cells, so that it can be efficiently implemented in game by new team members.
- Develop and implement new ideas within the framework of Dead Cells, creating new levels, bosses, characters and items.
- Develop and drive the artwork on new projects, in conjunction with the Art and Creative Directors. If you're the right candidate, you could be the art director...
- Ensure that all assets created by your team and any outsourcing studios correspond with the guidelines you have put in place.
- Organise and participate in meetings with the wider team to ensure that we're on track and that everyone is happy with what they're doing.
- Coaching and leading a team of junior artists with the intention of bringing everyone up with you.
- Interface with the production management and marketing teams to make sure we hit deadlines on time without unnecessary stress.
- Produce marketing assets or ensure that your team has the bandwidth to produce them in collaboration with the marketing bastards.
- We're looking for someone with at least 5+ years of experience as a professional artist (freelance work included).
- Ideally you'll have managed a team for a period of 2-3 years.
- Experience creating and optimising internal and external production pipelines.
- Broad artistic experience in terms of styles and mediums that you've worked on. We're looking for a swiss army knife, if you've done everything from pixel art to 3D animation then that will really really help.
- Proficient with current industry standard tools, but willing to improve, learn and move on to new things as they come up.
- Have a strong understanding of the constraints linked to working with consoles, both technical and from a UI/X perspective.
- Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal, planning and organisational skills. Basically you need to know how to identify a problem, explain it clearly, persuade people to help you fix it then plan and implement the solution.
Bonus points :
- English (at least B2).
- Worked in both indie and AAA studios.
- You know how to make trailers (professionally or just for fun) and you're good at it.
Full time contract (CDI) right away for the right candidate.
Salary will be in line with industry averages and negotiable based on experience. Find out more here (French) : https : //afjv.com/url/12
Award wage/Convention collective : Syntec
Did I mention that you should really really love video games...
Resume - cover letter - web site - references... (if relevant)
To: Steve Filby