Character Artist polyvalent (2D Concept, 3D Model)
Permanent contract Bordeaux (33)
Evil Empire is looking for a talented and versatile Character Artist to work on our new projects. Collaborating with the creative and art directors and the rest of the team, we're looking for someone able to :
- Participating in the concept art phase of creating memorable characters and creatures. Defining how they look and how they behave following the art direction.
- Modeling your concept in 3D, UVs, texturing, developing a rigging perfect for your animations
- Creating stylized and dynamic animations with a good understanding of the game feel and both, the artistic and technical constraints
- Integrating the character and animations in Unity and anticipating in-game constraints
- Being able to manage your own schedule in order to respect deadlines and give visibility to the producer about your work.
The profile above is quite varied. But don't worry, we're not expecting you to know how to do all of this perfectly right from day one, as long you are motivated and a quick learner.
Ideally, you're someone who's passionate about games since you can remember and have always wanted to be part of the game industry or build a career there. You know why the animations from Inside are awesome and you're looking to do something just as cool. We want someone who will contribute to the team and push us to always do better :
- We're looking for anyone who has an exciting portfolio. If you've shipped a game or worked in the industry for a few years, that's obviously a big plus, but not mandatory.
- Someone who can work with deadlines. You need to understand when it's time to keep polishing and when you should be moving on to the next task.
- A love of learning and sharing new things ! In a small team you need to be good at a lot of different things or keen to learn all the time. We are working in games, shipping them is surprisingly hard work, we'll need some fun people to be around.
- Independence. You'll be in charge, no-one will be following you around making sure you do your job, so you'll have to be motivated and capable of taking ownership of your role.
- Teamwork and communication skills. You'll need to be able to fight for your ideas and impose your style, while still considering the feedback and opinions of your colleagues.
- Someone able to take criticism and provide constructive feedback. We want your opinion, but we want to share ours too.
Junior or senior candidates are welcome to apply, we're really looking for anyone who's polyvalent and ready to kick ass.
Your salary will depend on your experience, but we'll pay to secure the right profile. In any case we're always competitive, you can get an idea of the current averages here > https://afjv.com/url/26 (French)
We're a company that's all about sharing the love, so if we do well, so will you. On top of that, we do free fruit baskets, croissants, regular travel to game conventions, team building stuff (drinking post work, or exploring national parks around the world etc.) and a Daily Speedpainting practice for the art team. Basically, there's a bunch of extra perks to being part of the team.
Feedback, debates and discussion animate our days and each team member's opinion is valued, even if we're talking about something outside your area of expertise.
You would also be based in Bordeaux, France, which means great health cover, insurance, holidays, etc. It's also an awesome lifestyle and generally all-round great place to live ; being the wine capital of the world, 45 minutes from the nation's best surf spots, 3 hours from the Pyrenees and extremely well connected in terms of flights and trains. And unless you want to live outside the city, you won't spend your life in traffic or commuting.
- CV / Resume or LinkedIn profile (if up to date)
- Cover letter
- Any portfolio links if you have examples of your own work (Artstation, Behance, Vimeo, YouTube, Sketchfab, etc.)
Thank you !
To: Responsable du recrutement