3D gameplay animator
Permanent contract Angoulême (16)
To complement our small, currently remote team, we're looking for a gameplay animator who loves real animals and knows how to make virtual ones come to life. This is a permanent position.
(This will evolve with/after the pandemic.)
What you will work on
- Go through extensive reference footage (on YouTube etc), analyze motions in rigorous detail and help us select and define new interactive behaviors for our games.
- Craft animations that feel authentic and that range from cute and playful to shy, naughty, bored and excited, plus many other emotions !
- Ensure that animations are compatible with the complex constraints of our real-time animation engine.
What we expect from you
- You know at least one standard animation program (Maya, Blender, ...) like the inside of your coat.
- You don't have to be a Blender guru yet, but in that case we expect you to be a fast learner, as all your animation work will take place in Blender 2.9+.
- You have an eye for animal motion and like to analyze it, understand its mechanics as well as its beauty and discuss it endlessly with your colleagues.
- You fit well into a tightly knit remote-first team. You are self-driven and take initiative. You enjoy collaborating and communicating remotely and you're prepared to be fully available on Discord etc during work hours.
- You have an interest in the broader aspects of game development, especially game design.
- You're fluent in English (both spoken and written).
What you can expect from us
We see ourselves as curious and open-minded, as people who love learning and growing. At the same time, we apply strict quality standards, solve problems collaboratively, review each other's work on a daily basis, and keep up with the latest tools and ideas.
We have an anti-crunch policy and we keep an inclusive work environment (and mean it).
Your compensation will be based on experience.
- Demo-reel, home-page or any other showcase of your work
- Links to any relevant accomplishments (shipped game with clear indication of your contributions, ...)
To: Responsable du recrutement