Lead 3D Artist
Permanent contract Paris (75)
Lead the effort of NLE Game Artists in 3D art (modeling, texturing, lighting, animation) and raise the team's performance. 12-months+ or permanent contract, compensation discussed at first interview.
The Lead 3D Artist will report to the Chief Content Officer and will supervise the effort of 2-4 junior artists, sharing best practices, improving workflow and ensuring the quality of all 3D-related assets and in-game animation. We estimate the percentage distribution of work to be 50% 3D own production, 20% mentoring / teaching the team, 10% asset integration & animation, 5% game design (if needed) and 5% company organization.
The Lead 3D Artist will work across all 3D Game Art domains - character design, architectural design, spacecraft and module design, environmental design and possibly user interface, as Nebulae undergoes its playtest phases and moves towards the release of its public Alpha version. The Lead 3D Artist is the guarantor of in-game asset optimisation and their integration. The Lead 3D will also audit and challenge the 3D asset production pipeline & integration process.
Nebulae is a challenging, colossal project - still in early development. Therefore, you will have the opportunity to design and create many things from scratch and the freedom to co-define the artistic style you think will work best, as you design new player-facing visual experiences or improve existing ones. We are a small, enthusiastic and very benevolent team of talented game designers, artists and developers and we will welcome you, your expertise and your feedback with regard to our development and organisational process with open arms.
- You prefer large, ambitious projects
- You agree with our 6 Core Virtues
- 7+ years of experience in 3D art or 3D animation
- 3-5 years of experience in video games production, including a game release
- Mastery of Unity 3D game engine
- Mastery of Zbrush, Maya, After Effects
- Mastery of shaders
- Understanding of GitLab / GitFlow or equivalent
- Previous management and/or teaching experience
- Fluent French and professional English
- Experience in game mechanics design
- Experience in mobile games 3D design or VR
- Plenty of asset optimisation tricks
- Passion for sci-fi universes and worlds
- You can see yourself growing with the company in the long-run, for many years to come ; -)
CV, références, site Web / portfolio
To: Pavel Afanasiev