2D VFX Artist
Fixed term contract Paris (75)
Lightbulb Crew is looking for a talented 2D VFX artist to join a dynamic and passionate team working on an exciting and innovative new project.
As a 2D VFX artist you will work closely with the art director and the design team to understand gameplay, aesthetics and usability requirements in order to craft outstanding VFX throughout the game. You will be responsible for the entire pipeline of VFX production, from the ideation process to the integration and polish of final assets in the engine.
We are looking for someone who will :
- Craft impressive environmental, cinematic and gameplay VFX.
- Understand usability and gameplay requirements.
- Follow and leverage the stylized 2D art direction.
- Integrate their VFX in an existing Unity graphics pipeline.
- Manage their workload and priorities for timely VFX production in collaboration with our producers.
- Collaborate with our QA team to troubleshoot and fix integration and quality issues.
- Strive to deliver the best game experience through constructive criticism and creative contributions.
- Continuously improve their skills and knowledge.
The ideal person for the job has :
- BS/MS in Art, Technical Art or related background.
- Minimum one year of industry experience in game production with one or more shipped titles in a VFX artist role.
- Reliable portfolio or demo reel of personal VFX work.
- Experience with the Unity game engine.
- Experience working with source control management (Git, PlasticSCM, etc).
- Good understanding of multi-platform technical constraints and best practices.
- Great communication and organisation skills.
- Fluent in English or French.
Bonus points for experience with :
- Multiple art skills, i.e. 2D animation, rigging, or 2D conception.
- Being comfortable creating 2D VFX assets in an existing art style, while still bringing your own designs and expertise.
- Being comfortable working on a small team and making your own decisions without oversight.
- Agile development methodology and tools.
- Team player, helpful, responsible, problem solver, willingness to create amazing games.
Contract : CDD
Location : 157 Boulevard MacDonald, 75019, Paris or remote.
Wage : according to profile (reimbursement of 50% of transport tickets).
Resume, cover letter, references, web site (if relevant)
To: Anders Larsson