Permanent contract Montreuil (93)
The Lab is beefing up its internal prototyping team (The Makers) and is looking for a designer to join its technical artist and sr programmer.
The Makers' mission is to test prospective research discoveries as fast as possible by :
- Observing customers,
- Testing ideas during focus groups,
- Developing POC and prototypes,
- Explore frugal and user-centric ways to produce low tech games under high budget and time constraints, and with crystal clear KPIs,
- Mentor potential startups incubation.
- As a maker, you will have the opportunity to explore (by building, making , tinkering ! ) subjects that are/will change our industry such as, but not limited to : AI and entertainment, haptics, chatbots and messaging, voice as a platform etc.
You will work closely with the Lab team and learn from each others and have the opportunities to exchange with Startups, Schools and Labs.
The Makers are using frugal, Lean development as a tech startup would do and look for ways to learn, improve production by being fast and agile.
The designer shipped at least 2 mobile products or build several protos under very tight constraints.
He is an explorer and a problem solver who has a user centric perspective : understand the user, then build mechanics. Tight constraint (low tech, short time iterations, budget) boost his/her creativity. In short, he/she has an entrepreneurial mindset.
He/she is a game designer with proven mobile game design experience. He/ she is a gamer but also consumes eagerly other entertainment products and services. Experience in design beyond games (web, apps, bots) is a big plus. Ability to build mock-up in Unity is a must-have.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you'll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with.
Resume, motivation letter, references, web site (if relevant)
To: Responsable du recrutement