Game Lab is a Gameloft Paris team dedicated to creating innovative gameplay and concept work. It has several tasks : devising and fleshing out concept games, testing them using iterative prototyping, developing ideation tools and methods, infusing all Gameloft development teams with creativity, and helping those teams to boost the quality of their games.
As Game Lab's Creative Director, you will train the game designers on the Paris teams for all of their tasks, whether they're related to publishing or production. You will also work broadly with Gameloft's executive management and with the production studios around the world, handling oversight of the editorial line and suggesting improvements to the creative processes.
Your mission : Working to keep ahead of the production teams in order to boost innovation at Gameloft, ensure consistency across with the editorial line, and supervise the game designers on Paris R&D projects.
- The main task of Game Lab's Creative Director is to train the creative teams in Paris, which are made up of both technical and publishing game designers. The Creative Director will generally be responsible for the quality of Game Lab's output in terms of game design : concept work, prototypes, and finalised games.
- Game Lab's Creative Director will work closely with the VP Creation and Gameloft Paris's Creation Manager, as well as with studio managers around the world, to ensure a high level of innovation in Gameloft projects.
- As an HQ manager, the Creative Director will play an active role in the dissemination of design knowledge throughout Gameloft and will ensure that information provided to the production teams is relevant.
- In addition to documentation, the Creative Director will be a driving force behind suggestions regarding improvement of the suitability and efficiency of Gameloft's creation processes, from brainstorming to our games' live operations.
You have a passion for mobile and are unrivalled in your knowledge of our industry's game-design trends. You know about our past and have great ideas about our future. You have relevant experience managing teams and overseeing publishing. You've mastered the major principles underpinning game design theory, and also have extensive knowledge of the production process of a mobile game. You enjoy theory as much as practice, and are a driving force behind suggestions regarding both sides. You like training teams of game designers and improving their skills. If all this describes you, you're the perfect fit for the Game Lab !
- At least 8 years of experience in the mobile video-game industry. For you, a job in mobile is your career of choice.
- Various projects released on the App Store or Google Play, including varied game genres. You have something to offer with regard to a wide variety of projects.
- You have several titles under your belt where you served in a Lead Designer position (or higher). You know how to motivate and lead a creative team.
- You have true mastery of tools for production (particularly Excel) and prototyping (mainly Unity). You know how to handle things yourself.
- You have an understanding and mastery of brainstorming-related creation processes. You know how to inspire creativity among the production teams.
- You're fluent in English and are able to clearly express your ideas or support complex arguments in that language.
Resume - motivation letter - web site - references... (if relevant)
To: Halima Bousaidi