Lead Game Designer
Permanent contract Paris (75)
Playwing is looking for a talented Lead Game Designer to join our HQ in Paris, France. Our small, experienced team is committed to building fresh, high-quality games across genres, platforms, and target audiences. At Playwing, we strongly believe in putting the fun front and center, and polishing every aspect of the player experience. This is a unique opportunity to take part of an exciting adventure at an early stage, as the company gears up for its first major release in 2020. If you're passionate about crafting kick-ass games for millions of players, you're in the right place. Join us in our quest to create top-notch cross-platform multiplayer games !
As the Lead Game Designer embedded within our editorial team, you will be overseeing all design matters across our entire lineup, ensuring that Playwing consistently delivers games of the highest quality. To achieve that, you will work closely with key members from our internal studios throughout the production pipeline (from pre-production to live operations), as well as relay major project information with the editorial team on a daily basis.
We are looking for someone who will :
- Thrive working on various design topics and games simultaneously
- Analyse current and upcoming trends to ensure the right market positioning for our upcoming games
- Engage in the ideation process for new projects, features, live-ops events, etc.
- Anticipate design challenges and support the design teams tackling them head on
- Provide clear, timely feedback and recommandations to the game teams on key deliverables (e.g. design documentation, builds, business decks, etc.)
- Communicate actively on every project (recommandations, feedbacks, risks) with the rest of the editorial team
- Monitor closely the gameplay and business metrics to improve the games in live-ops
The ideal person for the job has :
- A minimum of 5 years' experience, with at least 1 game shipped in a Lead position (or higher)
- Expert knowledge of Game Design (core gameplay, metagame, balancing, pacing, reward, accessibility, directing)
- Experience managing creative people and leading them to achieve their best work
- Excellent logical, analytical and mathematical skills
- Great understanding of free-to-play and game-as-a-service best practices
- A passion and extensive culture about games on all platforms and for all audiences
- Great organisational and communication skills, with a knack for constructive criticism ( fluent English is a must, French is a strong bonus)
Bonus points for :
- BS/MS in Game Design, Interaction Design, or related
- Sensibility to UX and UCD principles
- Ability to prototype games with Unity3D (5.x or newer), Game Maker, Defold, etc.
- Well-developed artistic sense (color, composition, typography)
This is a full-time role at our office in Paris, France.
If that sounds like you, then we would love you to come and work with us. Please send us an email using the form below, including a CV and a link to examples of recent work demonstrating relevant game design skills.
You must be willing to complete a design test if requested to do so.
To: Recruitment manager