Permanent contract Thorigny Sur Marne (77)
euros35k to euros50k + meaningful equity - Paris, France (open to remote after a few months)
At uKu we are convinced that the next big thing will fill the gap between traditional video games and social apps, mixing communication and entertainment on a daily basis. We are on a mission to invent the best online place to spend time with friends and create awesome memories... in a 3D world, on mobile.
In 9 months we already assembled the best team to deliver this mission (we are 11), raised money with the best European VCs and shipped many iterations of our alpha version.
We are looking for a talented Game Designer to join our team & change the way gen-z communicate online.
- You are a doer with a strategic and entrepreneurial mindset - we are not a gaming studio with a launch date, a teaser and crunch it to make it happen on time. We iterate FAST on new ideas and test new mechanics weekly. You'll be constantly challenged between the long term vision and the real time execution. But that's what makes it beautiful.
- Wikipedia of F2P mobile gaming apps (and not only) - we want to be able to ideate fast and test game mechanics with our community.
Experienced in production and real stuff - at least 3 years experience as a Game Designer.
- You have passion - you love creating games, apps and have users playing with it.
- You are a natural leader (if such thing exists) - whenever you see a problem you fix it, you are passionate, driven and thrive surround by a team.
- You have a vision - you are eager to collaborate with the 3 cofounders on the vision, wtf ideas, and game design.
- You live to ship - you know how to drive a design team from creation to production, optimise for mobile and ship frequently (you know that only shipped design has value).
- Low ego, high impact - you are never satisfied with status quo, you fight for the best ideas to win but you know how to operate in a team, even disagree & commit when necessary. You are reliable, accountable and help the whole team win. Aka : you have an impact both at the individual & team level, people fight to have you with them
- Excellent communicator - you are able to speak and write English fluently, summarise and present your ideas clearly, you know when to ask for help or give feedbacks. Aka : you never heard yet someone telling you "I don't understand what you mean"
- Shared values - you want to join an international and diverse team because you know that talent does not depend on the place you are born in. Aka : you thrive at the contact of diverse & passionate people
What kind of skills do we need ?
- Collaborate with founders, design and dev team on both games and features creation
- Design, create and follow the implementation of the game mechanics UX and UI ;
- Analyse performance, player behaviors, make strategic decisions based on data ;
- Communicate the vision between different teams ;
- Benchmark the stores to identify new trends and competitors ;
- Research new game ideas.
Resume, motivation letter, references, web site (if relevant)