Mid Level Game Designer
Fixed term contract London (Uk)
We are looking for a Mid Level Game Designer to join our team, either remotely or in one of our offices. If you are a hard working person, with a real passion for design and a strong attention to detail then look no further !
- Conceptualize, implement, and maintain gameplay systems that achieve a fulfilling flow state, game loops, and balance
- Developing the storyline, character back-stories, and dialogue, through scripts and storyboards, including any relevant research
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation (such as design outlines, diagrams, and visual mockups) that details the triggers, interactions, and subsequent events of specific features or aspects of gameplay
- Work closely with User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) Designers to optimize the player interface
- Build levels layouts
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Work collaboratively with creatives, UI Designers, developers, and managers
- Work on projects of varying length and complexity
- Create confident prototypes
- Support developers during implementation
- Strong portfolio to be presented and defended during interview
- Two or more years of experience
- Great Understanding in various game design disciplines such as combat, progression, monetization and level design.
- Excellent ability to analyse, synthetize and document concepts
- Experience in game design from concept to live
- Creative ideas with advanced problem-soliving skills
- Basic to advanced knowledge of user interface (UI/UX) in games
- Passion for video games with solid understanding of games
- Continued education and curiosity for game trends, current design strategy and technology
- Excellent ability to manage timelines and be self-directed
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Comfortable with taking feedback and use it to improve your work
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with AR/VR Immersive technologies
- Cross-platform development experience
If you're still not convinced by our work, here are a few more reasons why you should come and work with us here at Koffeecup
SMALL TEAM, BIG GROWTH
We are a small team - in London, Krakow & France - it avoids the "too many cooks" scenario. Our studios provide our people with the space they need to be their best !
PRIVATE HEALTH CARE
We care about the physical and mental well being of our team. No matter what happens - from an alien invasion to a sprained wrist - joining Koffeecup entitles you and to private medical care.
CULTURE OF CREATIVITY
Our work should always be fun and exciting & we have the projects to back it up. We are laid-back, committed, flexible & hard-working. We believe flexibility is a two-way street.
Our team work incredibly hard, and so in the downtime we encourage them to pursue their career goals by investing in their learning - courses, resources & conferences. We will sort it.
Resume / CV - web site
To: Koffeecup Limited