Our client is one of the top publishers for free-to-play PC games in the world. They have long running and award winning franchises. They recently successfully launched into the console gaming.
At their core are Games as a Service and they specialize in constantly evolving their games, providing high quality and developing storylines to a strong community of gamers. They are their greatest assets.
Within the office they emphasize fun, trust and challenge. A love for games is what unites them, yet there is a constant strive to be better at what they do and how they do it.
Their core values include their commitment to providing people with a fun and positive work environment that fosters a "work hard, play hard" mentality. They encourage people to make a difference and to grow as a team. And of course, playing games and knowing what works and what doesn't (aka "product research") is part of the job.
The role of the Social Media Specialist is key within the business and provides the public face for each game. The Social Media Specialist utilizes detailed game knowledge to drive customer acquisition, conversion efforts, customer retention through social media channels.
- Increase new player acquisition and in-game purchase ; turn the paid social media channels into a profitable channel
- Manage performance-based advertising campaign on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, Twitter and more
- Achieve customer acquisition goals while managing against aggressive CPL, CPA, and revenue goals
- Identify, develop and implement paid social media and content marketing strategy in coordination with the external strategic partners including but not limited to Console Platform owners, retailers, hardware manufacturers, TV stations, payment providers, media agencies and gaming networks as well as internal PR, marketing communication and product marketing around release calendar
- Educate new players, support brand loyalty, and encourage engagement in social media efforts through innovative, exciting, and updated ads
- A/B testing on creative, landing page, messaging, targeting, CTAs.
- Close monitor the trends in social media, including new channels, techs and advertising formats to improve campaign performance
- Analysis and optimize campaign performance, develop user segmentation strategy and convert players to payers through re-targeting
- Be the 'go to' person for all game and game social media and community information within the business
- Compile data across several console and social media platforms and create weekly/monthly reports
- Provide detailed, specific information back into marketing and the business on community trends, reactions and expectations
- Build up a network and gain the trust of key, influential clans and players, drive players to become evangelists of the game
- Promote the game and the business across social networks and online/offline media e.g. actively engage users through Q&A forums
- Visit, manage and partake in social media, both on our own as well as partners
- Suggest further areas where the game can be promoted