Lead Gameplay Developer
Permanent contract Paris (75)
Gameloft is currently looking for a new Lead Gameplay Developer.
Game Lab is a Gameloft Paris team dedicated to creating innovative gameplay and concept work. It has several tasks : devising and fleshing out concept games, testing them using iterative prototyping, developing ideation tools and methods, infusing all Gameloft development teams with creativity, and helping those teams to boost the quality of their games.
As Game Lab's Lead GamePlay Developer, you'll be tasked with handling a broad range of projects to lay the groundwork for our studios' production teams around the world and for our external partners.
Your mission : Boost innovation at Gameloft and the creativity of the teams by guiding them in producing innovative gameplay, in the form of prototypes and full games that are in keeping with Gameloft's strategy.
- Your main responsibility will be managing the GamePlay developers of the Game Lab : within the prototyping teams, but also our production unit. Your responsibilities will include (among other things) : daily follow-up with your team, code reviews, tasks and priority management, implementation of new features when necessary... We are looking for a hands-on manager !
- You will work closely with the other technical leads at Gameloft to make sure we can stay at the forefront of the market changes in terms of technology, and to support the teams around the world, in creating the tools and game engines they need to make great games.
- The Game Lab being an R&D department, you might also be asked to participate in events or conferences, related to new technologies that are of interest for us.
- You have a passion for mobile games and know the top-grossing titles like the back of your hand. For you, a job in mobile is your career of choice.
- You have 5 years of experience or more on mobile, as a Lead Developer.
- You have mastered the use of C# in Unity. You've already taken part in a number of projects that make use of this technology and are able to very quickly get extremely polished results.
- You're versatile and can adapt to a fast-paced working environment where speed and innovation are key.
- You express yourself clearly in English and can hold a (spoken or written) technical conversation in that language.
- Asset : You've already been part of a prototyping cell.
- Asset : You have knowledge of server development and related technologies.
- Asset : You have a keen awareness of mobile game-design issues thanks to your training or experience.
- Asset : You speak French.
Game Lab Offers You :
- The opportunity to join a dynamic new team. The chance to be there from the beginning of the journey !
- Lots of varied tasks in a lively setting : You'll never get bored at Game Lab !
- The chance to explore new ways : innovation is key at the Game Lab. Help us discover what tomorrow will be made of !
- An exceptional working environment right in the heart of Paris, halfway between Gare Saint-Lazare and the Palais Garnier.
- Other benefits at Gameloft : self-serve fresh fruit and warm beverages, lunch vouchers, competitive mutual insurance coverage, regular breakfast.
Resume, motivation letter, references, web site (if relevant)
To: Halima Bousaidi