Permanent contract Paris (75)
Based on technology developed at the Institut Pasteur and Institut Curie (https://diva.pasteur.fr/), AVATAR MEDICAL uses advanced image processing algorithms coupled with virtual reality (VR) to transform medical images (e.g. CT-scans, MRI) into lifelike patient avatars. This vehicle grants surgeons an excellent understanding of their patients' pathology via an immersive and interactive VR experience. Our technology is meant to facilitate communication between radiologists and surgeons, allowing a more efficient and rapid surgical planning. Our technology has been recognized with numerous scientific and medical journal publications and AVATAR MEDICAL is a laureate of the prestigious BPI i-Lab Competition for innovative startup companies.
We are recruiting a Junior Developer to join our technology team in 2021 to boost our development efforts. These efforts will coincide with the rollout of our first clinical product. Specifically, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to undertake one of the following topics depending on their experience :
- Front-End Design
- Volume Rendering
- Image Processing
- Mobile Development
This position is a unique opportunity to contribute to a truly multidisciplinary project combining medicine, image analysis, machine learning and gamification / serious gaming approaches in an inspired effort to greatly improve the surgeon's work flow at the hospital. The position is targeted towards students in software engineering, computer science or related discipline.
- Apply user-centered design principles to new and existing interfaces, algorithms and features
- Prototype, test and verify new developments
- Present and defend design options to team members and during code reviews
- Work closely with developers in the implementation of new features and interfaces
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Object-oriented programming experience (C, C++, C#, etc.)
- Experience with Unity (Unreal Engine 4 experience is also appreciated)
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with code versioning tools such as Git
- Front-end development experience (e.g. video games, web, mobile, etc.)
- Knowledge of image processing
- Game development experience
- XR development experience
- Mobile development experience (iOS, Android)
- Bilingual English / French
The position will be located at Institut Pasteur (25-28 rue du Docteur Roux, Paris, France) and will involve occasional travel abroad including to the USA.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the position will be partially remote depending on the sanitary situation in the Ile-de-France region.
CV, brief motivation letter, references, website (if applicable)
To: Mohamed EL BEHEIRY