Director of Engineering
Permanent contract Remote (00)
As we scale, we are putting together a team of creative, strategic, and user-driven engineers that share in our belief that social gaming can be fast, fluid, beautiful, and delightful to use.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a booming company in its growth phase. Driven by a strong inclusive culture, we welcome self starting, fast learning, talented people wishing to start and manage unique, and challenging projects where collaboration (internal and external) is everything.
We're looking for a Director of Engineering who has strong human management experience and technical background.
What you will be doing :
- Lead the engineering team as a manager : technical support and human management.
- Drives the development of the platform with a solid technical background to make decisions.
- You will be working with the CTO and reporting to him.
What are looking for :
Requirements for the role include :
- Min 5 years of experience as a manager and engineer.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Github and Linux.
- Deep understanding of design patterns, software development methodologies and principles.
- You have experience developing protobuf and JSON-based api endpoints.
- Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure and cloud computing.
- Strong understanding of networking (load balancer, ip table rules).
- Strong experience on human management and project management.
- Self-motivation : highly autonomous & working capabilities.
- Communication & Teamwork : excellent communication and organization skills, team spirit, proactivity.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Leadership& Work Ethic.
- Excited about gaming.
- Good spoken and written communication skills (English)
Experience that would be great for you to have (or you'd be excited about acquiring) :
- Knowledge on React, Redux .
- Experience on Google's Firebase, particularly Firestore, NoSQL Google's GCP Suite.
- Excited about WebRTC.
- Excited in WebAssembly (WASM, emscripten).
- Experience in social platform development would be a real plus.
- Unlimited vacations (minimum 5 weeks)
- Monthly well-being allowance (mental help, sport, massage, etc.)
- Home office allowance
- Fully remote & Flexible working hours
- Equal pay policy
- Equal maternity and paternity leave (18 weeks)
- Maternity/Paternity grant of $3k (out of Europe) or 2.5k euros (in Europe)
- Stock option plan
- Competitive health insurance compensation a one-to-one basis, depending on geographical location & company's policy.
- Extra benefits depending on the geographical location.
Salary according to experience
Piepacker is an equal opportunity employer and we proudly value and promote diversity in our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, World of Warcraft faction or disability status.
Starting date : As soon as possible
Location : Full remote. The candidate must be in Europe for time zone reasons
We are still very happy you applied and we do wish you good luck.
Looking forward to (hopefully) meeting you and chatting about games : ) !
Resume - cover letter - web site - references... (if relevant)
To: Recruitment manager