Based in Nice, Wolcen Studio is looking for a passionate Senior Technical Animator specializing in Maya to help develop our actual title. The role will involve creating and supporting tools used on a daily basis by the animation team - ensuring animators can operate efficiently when creating and refining cutscenes/in-game animations.
Candidates will need to be able to work in a team. He/she will also be expected to provide input and direction for the future development of our animation workflows/tools to keep Wolcen at the cutting edge.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years' games industry experience on a AAA title in a similar role and must have used Maya/Motionbuilder in that role - possessing a strong working knowledge of Python.
The main responsibilities will be :
- Interact closely with animators and other TA/TDs to maintain and improve our proprietary animation tools.
- Create and support tools that improve our animation creation/editing workflows.
- Collaborate effectively with other team disciplines, predominantly animation and animation code.
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout production from content creation through to the game.
- Demonstrate creativity and technical ability within the constraints of pc development.
- Assist character artists with skinning and rigging of characters, including setups for facial animation.