We are looking for an experienced and talented LEAD environment artist to join our studio in Bordeaux.
You will join our growing team and work on exciting games. You will work closely with other artists, producers, game/level designers and developers as part of an experienced team, where both your technical and management skills will help to create our new multiplayer and Dark Fantasy PC/Console IP.
You will maintain established quality and artistic consistency of environment art, by high visual standards and project style as defined by Art Director. The Lead sets the example to the team by the creation of art assets, a mastery of UE4 technology, tools pipeline and departmental production dependencies. You have an understanding of memory and frame budgets, production schedule and project goals, programming and design concerns, understands PBR lighting basics and material authoring, and sets best practices for bug fixing ! You will help implement new production methods to improve performance and efficiency of team.
- Works closely with Art Director to keep quality and style consistent across all environments
- Provides direction to environment artists for aesthetic and technical considerations
- Works with Art Director and Outsourcing partners to identify and schedule assets for external development
- Maintains a clear and consistent schedule in conjunction with the Producers.
- Works closely with the design team to construct level layout roughs
- Participates in the planning for project environments
- Works with other departments to ensure that assets are delivered in a timely manner
- Works with concept team to insure concepts are at proper production quality
- Supervise bug distribution and verify bug fixes
- Responsible for creating environment art components .
- Collaborate with other team members on enhancing the visual fidelity of the game world to the absolute limits of the game engine, within the relevant memory and performance restrictions
- Work with the Art Director and Art Leads to continually revise game environments and refine visual quality .
- You operate within given constraints.
- You are autonomous and can take responsibility for your own actions and decisions.