Environment Artist (F/H)
Permanent contract Bordeaux (33)
We are looking for an experienced and talented environment artist to join our studio in Bordeaux.
You will join Century : Age of Ashes team and participate in the launch and live development of the project. Multiplayer and free to play game, Century will be launched cross-platform and will bring players into a world of Dark Fantasy and epic dragon fights : www.century-age-of-ashes.com
You will work closely with other artists, producers, game designers and developers as part of an experienced team, where both your technical skills and creative vision will help to create our new multiplayer and Dark Fantasy PC / Console IP.
- Work together with other members of the team to establish the scope of the environment art requirements for team assigned game content.
- Work with the Art Director and leads on establishing, documenting and maintaining production pipelines
- To build environments according to designer requirements and blockouts, bearing gameplay constraints such as traversal and measurements in mind.
- Create game environment assets : Build, model and texture environment art, detailed props and objects according to concepts, references and/or art direction.
- Create textures and PBR materials for models and world space according to concepts, references and/or art direction.
- Use existing Assets and content to populate the game world in a believable and visually appealing way
- Collaborate with other team members on enhancing the visual fidelity of the game world to the absolute limits of the game engine, within the relevant memory and performance restrictions
- Work with the Art Director and Art Leads to continually revise game environments and refine visual quality .
- You operate within given constraints.
- You are autonomous and can take responsibility for your own actions and decisions.
- Experience with creating game ready assets, taking them through the modeling, baking and texturing pipeline, ready to be rendered in engine.
- Expert knowledge of UE4 production pipeline and constraints.
- Expert knowledge of at least one major modeling package (MAX or equivalent), along with industry standard tools such as Photoshop, Substance Painter/Designer and Zbrush.
- Expert knowledge of PBR systems with the ability to texture using both procedural and hand painted approaches
- Outstanding 3d modeling and texturing skills
- A keen eye for dramatic environments and lighting design
- Deep knowledge and experience with creating and maintaining game levels
- Level design experience considered a plus
- Good organization and time management skills
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- An understanding of and appreciation for milestones, schedules, deadlines and efficient game development processes
- Passionate about games
- Be familiar with fantasy / dark fantasy universe would be a plus.
Permanent contract (CDI) and role based in Bordeaux (33)
Resume, cover letter, references, web site (if relevant)
To: Responsable du recrutement