Lighting Artist (F/H)
CDI Lyon (69)
Description du poste
As a lighting artist, you will be responsible in defining and maintaining the lighting of different levels. Under the creative supervision of the Art and Creative Directors, your lightings work should magnify the visuals of our projects, while serving and respecting technical limitations and gameplay intentions.
According to the production context and in accordance with the art direction, the technical guidelines and the gameplay intentions :
- Define lighting intentions by doing visual researches and synthesized documentations
- Merge gameplay and visual intentions with "elegance"
- Create dramatic and compelling lighting/mood that fit the artistic vision of our projects
- Manage the assets and FXs requests related to lamps
- Create and maintain lights prefabs
- Keep lighting style consistent throughout the game
- Collaborate and communicate constructively with Level Artists, Environment Artists, Level Designers, VFX and Technical Artists
- Good understanding of PBR rendering pipeline
- Ensure that all lighting deliverables are completed fully and in line with the production schedule
- Anticipate challenges and propose solutions to solve technical and level designs constraints
- Physics units' knowledge is a plus
- Being familiarized with a 3D software as Maya is a plus
Profil du candidat
Skills requirements :
- At least one experience in a role of Lighting / Level Artist on a real time project
- Excellent knowledge of direct and indirect lighting, luminance and color theory
- Excellent artistic and film culture
- Excellent sense of composition and photography
- Autonomous in order to be able to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of quality
- The ability to cooperate easily with different peoples and teams
- Fluent English
Working as an "Arkanite"
Arkane Studios' iconic brands such as Dishonored®, Dishonored 2® and Prey® have become staples of popular culture for generations of gamers. Our company provides technical, design and artistic leadership as a world-renowned game developer and technology innovator since its founding in 1999.
Our studio is professional with a relaxed working atmosphere located in the trendy area of Lyon Confluence - a hot spot for nature, sports, food, and music.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, incl. private medical insurance, flex hours, up to 30 paid vacations days per year, sports program, transport compensation, onboarding program, free Fridays etc.
CV, cover letter, portfolio / website
A l'attention de : Emilie Erbin