Level Artist (F/H)
Permanent contract Lyon (69)
To expand its art team, Arkane studios is seeking talented level artists to join us in making ambitious AAA games.
These positions are opened to different levels of expertise, from industry veterans to less experienced candidates.
Level Artists work closely with Level Designers to design and create immersive game levels.
- Work directly with the Level Designers for designing and building levels, to make gameplay and 3D space function harmoniously, and maintaining it until release
- Partner with Level Designers who will provide narration, game ideas and scripting and collaborate with the Environment Artists who provide art support for textures, final models, etc.
- Propose ideas and visual references for game locations
- Work out the details and concept modular systems of architecture for levels
- Assemble his/her levels with the textures and 3D models provided by the Environment Artists
- Produce 3D environmental assets variations if needed (based on assets originally created by the Environment Artists)
- Basic lighting knowledge are desired
- Optimize the final levels for performance
- Use the game engine efficiently to create maps that run smoothly on consoles
- Work with the Lead Level Artist and the Level Art Director to ensure artistic unity with the entire project
- Travel may be required, but less than 10%
- Sensibility for architectural spaces, volume in general, circulation, lighting, details distribution and image composition
- 2+ years of game industry and or (significant) modding experience is preferable
- Good handling and experience of (at least one) 3D software such as Maya for modeling
- Good handling and experience of (at least one) game editors such as Unreal, Source, CryEngine, etc...
- Capable of identifying and supporting gameplay needs and constraints within a game level
- Capable of working within technical constraints
- Understanding of modular construction methods as it relates to design, memory and performance
- Good organization and time management skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Passion for games and gaming
- Experience in photography, cinema or other related domains is a plus
- Work samples
Working as an Arkanite :
- Comprehensive benefits package, incl. flex hours, sports program, transport compensation, onboarding program, free Fridays etc.
- Professional and relaxed working atmosphere
- Modern studio located in the trendy area of Lyon Confluence, a hot spot for nature, sports, food, and music
- International work culture
Our company provides technical, design and artistic leadership as a world-renowned game developer and technology innovator since its founding in 1999.
Arkane Studios' iconic brands such as Dishonored®, Dishonored 2® and Prey® have become staples of popular culture for generations of gamers.
Resume, motivation letter, references, web site (if relevant)
To: Recruitment manager