Permanent contract Montpellier (34)
We are looking for a 3D animator to join our team in Montpellier, France.
As a 3D animator on the production of a new IP, you will :
- Create high quality keyframed animation of humanoid characters for a wide variety of situations.
- Conceptualize and create animations in accordance with gameplay constraints.
- Implement your animations in Unreal Engine 4 and ensure the quality of the animations in game.
- Collaborate with artists and designers to define the visual identity of the characters.
- Anticipate and solve technical challenges, give time-budget estimates accordingly.
We expect from each member of our team to adhere to our company's core values, and we engage in applying these in our office culture. That means :
- Actively taking part in creative direction and company vision, being ready to exchange opinions and ideas on these topics. We discuss important decisions with everyone, and it requires communication skills and the ability to give and take feedback constructively.
- Acting in an honest and respectful manner toward co-workers, industry members and players. We strive towards a safer and healthier game industry culture.
- Being curious, self-learning and eager to share knowledge with each other. Being unafraid of asking for help, and being willing to give yours when asked.
- We are committed to providing employees with a safe work environment, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Required skills :
- Experience with 3D animation software (Maya, 3DS Max, Motion Builder...)
- Demonstrable experience with creating keyframed gameplay animation (preferably fight animations).
- Good communication skills and experience with working with art, design and development teams.
- Working proficiency in English and French.
Would be appreciated :
- Experience with Unreal Engine animation systems (or equivalent).
- Experience with rigging and/or skinning for games with Maya (or equivalent).
- Interest in historical fencing and martial arts.
- Experience with Mocap.
At Fireplace Games, we collectively decided to give everyone the same salary and bonuses, irrespective of one's experience or position :
- CDI contract with 4 month probation
- You can choose to work from home or come work in our office in Montpellier
- The contract start date is flexible, from now to december
- 31,000 euros annual gross salary
- Cadre status
- 8 euros meal-ticket/day
- 70% covered health insurance
Just like every other member of the team, you will have a right to submit and vote for common raises or new bonuses.
Please include your CV and a clear link to your professional website and/or online portfolio in your Application.
We read cover letters, but a short introduction is fine too !
To: Recruitment manager