CE RECRUTEMENT EST EFFECTUĂ‰ DANS LE CADRE DU FORUM DE L'EMPLOI HORIZON(S) - BORDEAUX VIDEOGAMES FORUM.
SI VOTRE PROFIL EST RETENU, VOUS SEREZ INVITĂ‰ Ă€ UN JOB DATING LE 5 OU 6 OCTOBRE 2022 Ă€ BORDEAUX.
Your responsibilities would include :
- Working in conjunction with the Art Director to create and formalise production pipelines so they can be easily understood and integrated by new team members.
- Ensure that all assets created by your team and any outsourcing studios you are responsible for correspond with the guidelines.
- Coaching team members so that they can meet guidelines and excel as artists.
- Developing and implementing new ideas within the framework of Dead Cells, i.e. creating new levels, bosses, characters and items.
- Developing and driving the artwork on new projects, in conjunction with the Art and Creative Directors.
- Organising and participating in meetings with the wider team to ensure that we're on track and that everyone is happy with what they're doing.
- Interfacing with the production management and marketing teams to make sure we hit deadlines on time without unnecessary stress.
- Producing marketing assets or ensuring that your team has the bandwidth to produce them in collaboration with the marketing bastards.
- English (at least B2).
- Worked in both indie and AAA studios.
- You know how to make trailers (professionally or just for fun) and you're good at it.
- Your jokes are less funny than those of the CEO
Small_ Independent_Big Projects
Evil Empire is a studio formed in early 2019 by a few ex-Motion Twin people with the intention of creating more Dead Cells and using that as a stepping stone towards making our own games. We work in the same open space as Motion Twin and regularly beat them in Nerf wars and Smash.
The name of our studio is a dig at some of the shadier aspects of the game industry and, if you have a sense of humour, a signal that we're all about being the exact opposite (also, some people didn't like the "Cat Nap Studio" suggestion...in spite of it clearly being the better choice).
As we start work on new amazing projects, alongside continued support for Dead Cells, we need to ensure that we're working with the latest technology and bringing in a talented and experienced team capable of leading ambitious projects.
While we're currently growing rapidly, we pay a lot of attention to ensuring that we maintain small autonomous teams (10-15 people max). This not only means we work on a more "human" scale, but also that everyone can really impact the game with their ideas and initiatives.
What We Do Differently
If you're working at Evil Empire you will NEVER crunch (it's nuts that this has to be said), you will have excellent health cover, five weeks paid leave (plus public holidays), subsidized meals, flexibility with work time, free fruit and other noms and of course as much coffee as you can drink.
We also do regular trips to some of the most legendary gaming events in the world, including excursions to National Parks and other such shenanigans (team building right ? ), so there's plenty of opportunities for motivated people to get out and see the world. Well, at least, we were doing this before Covid happened, and plan to do it again if events are ever a thing in the future...
While we're an indie company, our financial stability allows us to offer the kind of work environment that we always wished we could have, so we're always scheming new ways to make our work lives enjoyable.
Comfortable Work Environment
We're always open to suggestions regarding new tech and hardware, learning resources like books, patreon subscriptions, or training and of course everyone gets to pick what goes in the junk food cupboard. So you should always have access to everything you need to be happy in the office. In addition, Bordeaux is an awesome city as it's big enough to have plenty to do, but small enough that you can walk across it in half an hour. Beautiful 19th century architecture and more restaurants than you can poke a stick at make it a great place to live. You're also 45 minutes drive from the beach and 3 hours from the ski slopes. While access to a very well connected airport and a 2 hour high speed train ride to Paris mean you're never far away from anything.
Resume, cover letter and portfolio are all mandatory (it doesn't have to be in English though). Artstation or other personal projects help us to know more about your skills. Thank you !
To: Sophie DOSIERE