Technical Artist - Mid to Sr level
Permanent contract Dublin (Ireland)
Global Services, 2K's world-class in-house central resource agency, is seeking a mid to sr level Technical Artist to support our portfolio of AAA games. You will be responsible for ensuring project quality and have the opportunity to contribute to multiple games as you'll work across the entire 2K portfolio, for our studios worldwide. You'll provide high quality technical art tools, technology, and processes, in support of top-tier developers. This role is pivotal in developing the next generation of game content-creation services.
This is a permanent job based in Dublin, Ireland, we will also consider candidates for Valencia, Spain.
What You Will Do
- Developing the custom tools, processes and pipelines vital to game assets and environments, performances, technical Art production, as improving quality and workflows efficiency.
- Working closely with game artists, programmers, designers, to create high end graphics
- Excel at meeting performance standards and visual quality
- Monitor and optimise assets creation and in engine integration, identify inefficiencies and craft plans for performance improvements.
- Excellent problem solving/ technical fire fighting
Collaborate with environment art, assets, shaders, material, lighting, VFX artists and train the team on asset pipeline and optimisation tools.
What You Will make you a great fit :
- 3 to 5+ years of technical art, game tools or equivalent experience, ideally having shipped one or more AAA titles
- Familiar with technical frame analysis, such as Pix or razor GPU
- Excellent at cultivating positive working relationships with our internal partners and development teams.
- Proficient in standard industry tools such as Autodesk Maya, Blender, Zbrush, 3dsmax, Substance 3D, Houdini a plus, as Solid understanding of Game Engines such as Unreal and Unity
- Experience optimising real-time 3D-graphics pipelines, as PBR rendering / lighting experience
- Proficient in scripting languages scripting/ code system : C++, C#, Python, MEL), HLSL, GLSL or equivalent experience
- Excellent artistic skills, a good eye, equally passionate about the Art side of the Technical Art craft
- Expert at solving challenging graphics, assets, shaders, material, lighting, VFX visual and performance problems
- Highly-motivated, driven, organised, energetic, and passionate for games
- BS or MS degree in engineering, design, CG animation, games-related or technical field a plus
2K Dublin offers a very competitive and attractive set of benefits
Free healthcare and dental, life insurance, pension
Employee stock purchase plan
Fitness reimbursement, wellbeing rewards programme
Taxsaver commuter ticket and cycle to work scheme
Free on site gym and personal trainer, physio & massages, snacks and catered lunch at the office
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Resume - cover letter - web site - references... (if relevant)
To: Recruitment manager