Technical Artist - Owlient (Ubisoft)
Permanent contract Montreuil (93)
As an Technical Artist on Tom Clancy's Elite Squad, reporting directly to the Lead 3D Artist of the game, you will work on our new mobile RPG - watch the trailer here ! As a Technical Artist, you will develop, adapt and implement the artistic tools and methods to carry out the artistic vision of the game within the defined technical constraints. You will collaborate with the whole game development team to understand, define and implement technical solutions that will optimize the memory, performance, and quality of the game.
We are looking for someone who has a solution-orientated mindset and loves fixing problems. You actively seek opportunities to improve the game visuals while always considering performances and you are continually enhancing your current skills. You will have stakeholders to work with, so the ability to collaborate and build and maintain relationships is needed to shine in this role.
We offer you a key position in a truly ambitious and innovative project aiming to publish a top-grossing game that people will love. You will get to enjoy the network and the support of Ubisoft, and work in an agile studio.
Your mission if you choose to accept it :
- Collaborating with the Lead 3D Artist and the Executive Producer of Tom Clancy's Elite Squad in refining art pipelines, workflows and guidelines to efficiently organize the content production,
- Developing technical solutions to solve performance issues while executing artistic and game vision,
- Supporting content production by providing tools (e.g. scripting and shaders) for the Artists, using MAXScript / Python,
- Being a bridge between Artists and Programmers and working closely with production to solve Art-related problems,
- Mentoring artists in chosen methods, optimizations and tools,
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation,
- Defining and enforcing efficient content integration process
- Constantly communicating with Associate Producers about opportunities and challenges,
Our dream candidate :
- Has strong knowledge of Unity and its latest development,
- Has excellent knowledge and understanding of mobile platforms,
- Has good knowledge and understanding of the mobile game development processes and techniques - mobile experience is not mandatory, but a deep interest in the mobile gaming industry is a plus,
- Has a good understanding of 3D graphics,
- Has knowledge of C#, Python, MAXScript, Shuriken, 3dsMax, Houdini,
- Understand particles and VFX,
- Understands animations technicity and animation trees
- Knows how to positively influence others and communicates with impact,
- Challenges the status quo and finds new ways of doing things,
- Is constantly curious and proactive in finding new solutions and learning more in their area expertise,
- Has excellent collaboration skills and fosters teamwork and diversity,
We offer :
- An awesome RPG project based on one of the most famous Ubisoft IP,
- A massively international work environment full of ambitious and skilled people,
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself,
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events... you name it : )
- Relocation help
Recruitment process : during the recruitment process, you will meet the Lead 3D Artist, the Executive Producer of the game, the HR team, and the Studio Managers.
What are you waiting for ? Please send your application, CV and portfolio. We can't wait to meet you !
Owlient - A Ubisoft Studio in Paris
Founded in 2006, Owlient has sharpened its expertise in free-to-play games through Howrse, an equestrian management simulation game, which has been live for over 10 years and still gathers more than half a million monthly players.
Active in 28 countries with 27 studios, Ubisoft has won over gamers worldwide with its high-quality, cutting-edge franchises. Today, Ubisoft boasts one of the richest and most diverse catalogues in the industry with top selling brands.
As an integral part of Ubisoft's mobile division, Owlient is currently focused on developing long-lasting mobile games to bring AAA Ubisoft brands on mobile. We're looking for smart, creative, passionate people to join us as we unlock our next level of success.
Resume, cover letter, references, web site (if relevant)
To: François GAUTHIER, Talent Acquisition Manager UBISOFT
You must be logged in to apply for this adLog InBack