Senior Game Designer
Permanent contract Mons (Belgique)
As a senior game designer, you are part of the design team. You work on a dedicated project but you also discuss design matters with your fellow teammates on the other active games of the company.
Down the trenches, you are part of a production team. You are the project game mechanic vision holder, you tend to the game needs, you help define its pillars and make sure they are respected throughout the development. You prototype, you test, you ask for feedback and you validate with your colleagues.
You are tasked to design and balance mechanics, communicate them to the appropriate people, design and integrate content and make sure the game meets the highest quality possible in the given time & budget.
As a senior game designer, you are the bridge between programmers, artists, producers, and other designers. You share your experience with others, you mentor your colleagues when required and gather and sort ideas from your teammates.
You are rigorous enough to enforce processes and open-minded enough to think about solutions.
TRAINING & PHILOSOPHY
- Master degree (University or dedicated game design & game management school) or equivalent meaningful relevant experience
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a game designer
- You have shipped one or multiple titles
- You can demonstrate a meaningful experience in working autonomously in a team of developers
- You follow this principle : "There is no problem, only solutions." "There is always something to improve."
- You can speak and write English fluently
DESIGN & PEOPLE SKILLS :
- Game development experience and at least one released title is mandatory
- Good knowledge of how to design mechanics and how to communicate them to the team
- Versatile profile : design, level design, integration, polish, tweaking and balancing
- Meaningful experience in balancing games
- Meaningful experience in integrating content
- Basic knowledge of content creation apps (Illustrator, Flash, Fireworks, Max, Maya, Photoshop, Unity, Unreal, etc.)
- Multitask skills and ability to work alone or in small teams (4 to 15 people)
- PC and/or console development experience is required
- Experience in VR games development is a STRONG plus
- Experience in Collaborative FPS or TPS games is strongly recommended
- Knowledge of SCRUM, KANBAN, YAGNI, continuous integration processes is a strong plus
- Experience with Unreal engine is a STRONG plus
- You're willing to relocate To Mons, Belgium (20 km from Valenciennes, north of France)
We only seek highly collaborative, autonomous, self-motivated candidates to develop concepts and gameplay mechanics.
The game designer will work closely with the programming and artistic teams and must be a good communicator.
Resume - motivation letter - web site - references...
A remote small game design test will be asked.
Vous pouvez postuler en Français mais l'Anglais est indispensable vu le contexte international de la société et le poste.
To: Recruitment manager