3D Game Lighting Artist F/H
Permanent contract Cergy (saint Christophe) (95)
For our French studio, located in Cergy, we are looking for a Lighting Artist to contribute to unannounced AAA projects as well as internal "indie" project developed by our studio. This position requires an understanding of modern lighting techniques used for AAA video games and an eye for artistic excellence.
What you will do :
- Create and maintain all elements of lighting including, dynamic, static, cinematic, and character setups.
- Work with Art Leads to create compelling and dramatic lighting scenarios for gameplay and cinematics.
- Work collaboratively with other departments, especially DEV, VFX and TA teams.
- Anticipate, identify, and report any potential production problems and communicate those to the Lead.
- Maintain a balance between visual quality, performance and budgeting requirements.
- Match the established visual style for the game with lighting execution.
- Develop, improve and implement new techniques into the lighting pipeline.
- Stay current with industry lighting techniques.
- Work in and maintain an efficient organization structure for all lighting assets.
- Analyze, identify and report lighting cost bottleneck.
What you have :
- 2+ years of experience as a lighter in the games industry or related positions and fields.
- Exceptional eye for color, value and composition expressed through lighting.
- A strong knowledge of color theory, post-process effects and reflections.
- Working knowledge of creating lighting within a pre-baked light-map pipeline.
- Knowledge of optimization techniques for real time "lighting features"
- Understanding of PBR rendering and the interaction between materials and lighting.
- Understanding GPU profiler and rendering passes
- Ability to follow concept/reference and the ability to work within a wide range of styles with minimal direction.
- Understanding of real-world lighting units, values and exposure, and how they affect an image.
- Self-motivated and able to work and solve problems with minimal assistance.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Fluent in both French and English
- A strong personal portfolio showcasing lighting techniques.
General knowledge of other skills (modeling, texturing, vfx, etc).
General knowledge on Profiling skills (RenderDoc).
Interested in the study and expression of light through photography or painting is a plus.
Experience using an industry standard renderer like Arnold, Renderman, V- ray, Octane, etc.
Training in traditional art mediums (painting, sculpting, etc.).
What we offer :
- Open and collaborative employee culture
- Team buildings and company activities
- Healthcare plan
- Work from home possible
- Oversee work opportunities
- Poste basé à Cergy dans un parc arboré, proche du RER
- Subvention restauration d'entreprise
- Boissons (eau, café, thé, jus de fruits) offertes
CV, lettre de motivation, portfolio, références, site Web (si applicable)
To: Corinne LEGENTIL