Associate Art Director
Permanent contract Cergy (95)
The Assistant Art Director will work closely with management to impart knowledge on art styles and to define guidelines on a variety of dynamic projects for both in house and external or co-development work. We want someone who will help our Art Team to develop ambitious Art Direction, Artistic Process and Innovative Ideas internally and with our partner studios to deliver excellent and exciting content.
The ideal candidate has a strong aesthetic eye and a solid understanding of AAA game production. They are able to easily communicate with other disciplines within the development team and able to take creative direction from the Art Director and Creative Director. Ability to mentor less experienced members of the team and assist with managerial tasks is also required.
What you will be doing :
- Establish and clearly communicate the art vision to the team
- Provide clear and concise written and illustrated guidelines that communicate art vision of current projects with AD.
- Collaborate with Design, Engineering and Art teams to make recommendations and decisions regarding overall art vision.
- Work together with the Art Director to make sure art priorities are effectively defined and processes meet both artistic and scheduling goals.
- Propose cohesive and holistic solutions to problems.
- Provide day-to-day artistic feedback and mentorship of individual contributors and leads.
- Review and approve assets to ensure that quality standards are met, and visual consistency is maintained
- Work closely with Production to ensure risks are being identified and tracked and assist in the creation and overall management of the art schedule and resource plans.
- Assist the Art Director with 1-to-1's, performance evaluations, bonus reviews, career growth plans.
What you should have :
- 5 years+ experience at a senior level working in AAA games development (shipped at least 1 AAA console title)
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating 3D high quality realistic work
- Experience working with artists and defining artistic vision
- Broad knowledge spanning different art disciplines, including concept, character, animation, environment, VFX, UI, lighting, shading, and rendering.
- Thorough understanding of interactive entertainment methodology and the video game production pipeline.
- Experience with collaborating in leading a team with emphasis collaborating with Senior and Executive level leadership.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of art processes and production pipelines.
- Excellent eye for graphical quality and knowledge of techniques used to achieve visual targets.
- Ability to foster a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Excellent decision-making capabilities.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A fun, interesting and creative environment
- Flexible Starting times
- Laya Healthcare plan from Day One
- Optional Taxsaver
- Free Tea, Coffee and Snacks on Site
- Regular Company Events
- Internal Mobility Opportunities
- Personal Leave for emergencies and wellness initiative
Black Shamrock, a VIRTUOS studio is a video game development focused on "core gamer" strategy and rpg titles for pc and consoles.
Managed by game industry veterans, the studio was acquired in 2017 by Virtuos, the global leader in video game content production. A part of Black Shamrock activity is now dedicated to co-development on major titles in collaboration with studios from all around the world.
Our studio is continuing to grow, and with new and exciting projects coming in, we are seeking someone to support our Studio Art Director in managing and stewarding this growth into the future.
Resume, cover letter, references, web site (if relevant)
To: Responsable du recrutement